What is imposter syndrome? If you find yourself worrying that your clients might find you out and realize that you’re probably not as good as they think you are, you’re probably manifesting symptoms of this surprisingly common condition. Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Did you know that 82% of those running their own business go through this?
Considered to be one of the most accomplished experts on the subject, Clare discusses the following:
- Common characteristics of those suffering with imposter syndrome
- 4Ps: symptomatic traits of someone with the condition
- On branding: how starting by specializing in what she’s good at and niching down her personal brand on the subject eventually opened more doors of opportunities for her business
- Maximizing social media: getting echoes VS getting conversions
- Why depth is more important than width when it comes to exposure
- Steps in recovering from imposter syndrome
- How to turn that little critic in your head into your cheerleader without going to war with it
- Her personal mantra
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode of the podcast, head on over to the following links for more of my work and some valuable resources to get you started on your own branding initiatives. Until the next episode!
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
JOIN THE BRAND•MUSE NEWSLETTER:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST:
LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK:
Bring Your Own Laptop - Adobe Training with Daniel Scott
The Brand Design Masters Podcast is targeted to entrepreneurs, designers, creative professionals or anyone interested in brand strategy, business planning, graphic design, personal branding, trends and marketing.
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves or for the clients and customers they serve.