Philip VanDusen - Ageism in Graphic Design
Ever wondered what life looks like for a creative after you hit your 40’s? Ageism is a topic not often discussed, but it's time to address it, especially in the graphic design industry. Why? Because it is rampant - and is the invisible creative career killer that takes people by surprise. In this episode, I'll share insights on ageism, how to stay relevant in the industry as you get older and how to prepare for the inevitable - before it strikes.
I'll be discussing the following:
- The uncertainty looming over every creative professional
- The inevitability of ageism affecting those in the design industries.
- How ageism is perceived and acted upon in corporations and agencies in America.
- What can you do to stay relevant and maintain a competitive edge even after leaving your 9-5 job.
- How you can develop and take advantage of ‘V-shape skillsets’ even in your 20s and 30s to develop career resiliency for the next 25 years.
- Essential skills to protect yourself from future layoffs.
Originally recorded as a YouTube live stream, this talk generated a huge amount of buzz and tens of thousands of views. If you are a creative professional looking for ways to stay relevant in your field, this podcast is a must-listen.
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode of the podcast, head over to the following links for more of my work and valuable inspiration, resources and training for your branding and design journey.
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
JOIN THE BRAND•MUSE NEWSLETTER:
JOIN THE BRAND DESIGN MASTERS FACEBOOK GROUP:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST:
LIKE MY AGENCY ON FACEBOOK:
Bring Your Own Laptop - Adobe Training with Daniel Scott
Discount Code: "PHILIP50"
The Brand Design Masters Podcast targets entrepreneurs, designers, creative professionals and anyone interested in brand strategy, business planning, graphic design, personal branding, trends and marketing.
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.