Richard Moore is a start-up consultant, investor, and sales coach. He is also a co-founder of the LinkedIn Climb Accelerator, a program to help business owners leverage the power of LinkedIn. Richard has been featured in several publications, including Forbes, Huffington Post, and Inc. magazine.
In this episode, Richard talks about the power of LinkedIn and why creatives need to improve on how they are using the platform. He shares how LinkedIn can be used for business networking, content distribution, new business development, and marketing. Richard also talks about the "art" of commenting, effectively networking with decision-makers, and how to use LinkedIn to build true relationships.
Richard and I talked about the following:
The one epiphany that made Richard shift careers after 10 years of being in the office as a sales director
- What did Richard do to successfully transition from corporate to doing things on his own
- Richard's stepping stone to widening his network successfully
- The one task for 260 consecutive weeks that paved the way for new opportunities to come flooding in.
- Richard's strategy for creating multiple pieces of content for his social media and getting booked for speaking engagements.
- Decoding the ‘black box’ of LinkedIn and why creatives should take advantage of it
- Use this one method to create osmosis-like connections with people
- The better (and more clever) way to tag people in comments and get more conversations from them
- How to get LinkedIn algorithms to work in your favor.
- Premium LinkedIn subscriptions and how designers can maximize the platform best.
- His unique way of ‘getting creative’ to deliver better results
To connect with Richard, head on over to his channels:
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode of the podcast, head over to the following links for more of my work and some valuable resources to get you started on your own branding initiatives. Until the next episode!
JOIN THE BRAND•MUSE NEWSLETTER:
JOIN THE BRAND DESIGN MASTERS FACEBOOK GROUP:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST:
LIKE MY AGENCY ON FACEBOOK:
Bring Your Own Laptop - Adobe Training with Daniel Scott
Discount Code: "PHILIP50"
The Brand Design Masters Podcast targets entrepreneurs, designers, creative professionals and anyone interested in brand strategy, business planning, graphic design, personal branding, trends and marketing.
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.