This is our last episode of a five-part series on leaving the corporate world and venturing out independently. My colleague and agency partner, Kathy Oneto, founder of Sustainable Ambition and I discuss launching our businesses and how you will likely continue to hustle after the “start up buzz” is over.
Kathy and I share how we each started our businesses and announced it to our networks. We also discuss visibility as one of the critical aspects of a successful launch.
And finally, to wrap up this final episode of the “Leaving Corporate” series, we discuss some of the best marketing and branding advice we have to offer from our personal experience in the trenches of solopreneurship to those of you who are considering the “big leap”.
- How I announced my new brand and business to the world.
- How optimizing your social media can be a big help in making your brand visible.
- How making a transition can be a perfect reason to reach out to people.
- How to establish your brand voice.
- How to overcome overthinking when publishing content.
- How guest posts or leveraging the content of others can help with your visibility.
- How to market yourself.
- How joining communities are essential to gathering and growing your network connections.
- How to overcome “shiny object syndrome”.
- How to get your initial income flowing.
To connect with Kathy Oneto:
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode of the podcast, head on over to the following links for more of my work and some valuable resources to get you started on your own branding initiatives. Until the next episode!
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
JOIN THE BRAND•MUSE NEWSLETTER:
JOIN THE BRAND DESIGN MASTERS FACEBOOK GROUP:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST:
The Brand Design Masters Podcast is targeted to entrepreneurs, designers, creative professionals, and anyone interested in brand strategy, business planning, graphic design, personal branding, trends and marketing.
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.