Words are powerful and when you use them right. They fuel transformations and create change.
Joining me in this episode is Amy McGlinn, an exceptionally talented copywriter and strategic marketing consultant who uses her skills in the written word to show up for people, give value, and inspire change in their business..
Deeply experienced in content writing and conversion copywriting, Amy knows exactly how brands can express their values in a way that’s irresistible to their audience.
- Why she believes words are powerful in creating change
- How she learned copywriting “the wrong way”
- Restarting her career after taking a break to focus on family and deciding that if she was to reinvent herself, it had to be as a writer
- How she made the jump into copywriting through Upwork
- Why it took her 10 hours to write her first ever writing job and how it ended up paying off and resulting in a 3-year business relationship
- Her advice on seeking the help of successful people in the same field early on in your career to leverage their expertise and later on, their clients and network too
- How she developed her own brand by watching how other people did it and succeeded
- Why LinkedIn was always 100% her choice for marketing her services
- “Reading to write”, “teaching to learn”, and how she used these to find her favorite way to create content
- The top three things creative professionals should do to leverage LinkedIn
- Why likes, comments, and shares mean more on LinkedIn because the algorithm favors an open network
- Her top three advice on how designers can attach copywriting to their services to be more well-rounded and marketable
- An analogy based off of logs close together catching fire and how she used this to describe transformation and growth that’s inspired by collaborations in masterminds
- The story of how she had the idea and the goals but how joining my Brand Design Masters Guild gave her the confidence to put those into action
- Her Rapid Fire 10 answers include why her spirit animal is a turtle and what she would tell her 20-year old self
- Her personal mantra inspired by Don Miguel Ruiz’s book The Four Agreements
Mentioned in this episode:
My Brand Design Masters Guild: www.philipvandusen.com/mastermind
Seth Godin: https://www.sethgodin.com/
The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz: https://www.amazon.com/Four-Agreements-Practical-Personal-Freedom/dp/1878424319
The High 5 Habit by Mel Robbins: https://www.amazon.com/High-Habit-Take-Control-Simple/dp/1401962122
To connect with Amy McGlinn, head on over to her channels:
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode of the podcast, head on over to the following links for more of my work and some valuable resources to get you started on your own branding initiatives. Until the next episode!
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
JOIN THE BRAND•MUSE NEWSLETTER:
JOIN THE BRAND DESIGN MASTERS FACEBOOK GROUP:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST:
LIKE MY AGENCY ON FACEBOOK:
Bring Your Own Laptop - Adobe Training with Daniel Scott
Discount Code: “PHILIP50”
The Brand Design Masters Podcast is targeted to entrepreneurs, designers, creative professionals and anyone interested in brand strategy, business planning, graphic design, personal branding, trends and marketing.
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.