How do you tell your brand or business’ story?
It’s important that you seem approachable so your audience would want to engage with your communication efforts and later on buy into your brand’s product or service.
Gabrielle Dolan is an expert in helping her clients do just that. As the go-to for effective business communication and storytelling, she has worked with impressive organizations such as the Obama Foundation, Visa, Accenture, Amazon, and Uber among many others.
The author of seven well-received business books including her most recent one, Magnetic Stories which debuted at #2 on Australia’s Business Books List talks about:
- How she shifted from a career in banking to being a business storytelling specialist
- Incorporating storytelling to an industry that’s so inhuman like Banking
- Her advice on how businesses should go about finding their authentic brand story
- The biggest mistake companies make when they try to tell their story
- The Five Cs of different kinds of stories you can tell:
- The Creation Story - how the product or company started
- The Culture Story - sharing the company’s values
- Customer Stories - making the customers the hero and highlighting their relationship with the company
- Community Stories - employees affecting positive change in the community
- Challenge Stories - hurdles and how these have been overcome
- Deliberate vs Organic Storytelling and how it affects brand perception
- What she thinks is the most powerful communication medium every organization has
- How she thinks brand storytelling affects our ability to make decisions and even future buying habits
- The original story about Barbie that completely changed her perception of it (and probably most others too if they get a chance to hear it)
- A story about her shoes that influenced her personal brand
- How the story about her nails made her realize that some stories may be organic and real but not necessarily on-brand
- The challenges that she’s come up against to get to where she is today
- Being intentional about living life by design and what she believes is the key to success
- The kind of influences and mentors she had
- Her Rapid Fire 10 answers including her exceptional ability to solve jigsaw puzzles and why active listening is the one thing she truly wants to master
- Her personal mantra that revolves around doing what you love with the people you love
Mentioned in this episode:
Dr. Carmen Simon: https://www.linkedin.com/in/drcarmensimon/
Gabrielle Dolan’s Published Books: https://gabrielledolan.com/books/
For more of Gabrielle’s work, head on over to her channels:
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode of the podcast, head on over to the following links for more of my work and some valuable resources to get you started on your own branding initiatives. Until the next episode!
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
JOIN THE BRAND•MUSE NEWSLETTER:
JOIN THE BRAND DESIGN MASTERS FACEBOOK GROUP:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST:
LIKE MY AGENCY ON FACEBOOK:
Bring Your Own Laptop - Adobe Training with Daniel Scott
Discount Code: “PHILIP50”
The Brand Design Masters Podcast is targeted to entrepreneurs, designers, creative professionals and anyone interested in brand strategy, business planning, graphic design, personal branding, trends and marketing.
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.