Matthew Mattola - author, “The Human Cloud” on the Future of Freelancing
Are you familiar with the human cloud? It’s the digital and remote model of work that, according to today’s podcast guest, over half the US workforce will transition to within the next five years.
In this episode, I’m joined by one of the leading pioneers of building the human cloud. Matthew is the Co-Founder and CEO of Venture L, a freelancer-focused platform that offers them efficient business solutions. He is also co-author of the HarperCollins-published book The Human Cloud which takes a look at how changemakers use AI and the freelance economy to transform work.
During his previous stint in Microsoft, he spearheaded a partnership with Upwork that built Microsoft 365 freelance toolkit which allowed enterprises to embrace the human cloud at scale.
The Forbes, Fortune, and Bloomberg-featured entrepreneur recently ranked as part of the Top 50 Remote Work Experts to Follow talks about:
- His book The Human Cloud (as of writing, the book has been published and is available on Amazon)
- The thesis of doing so much more for so much less by embracing this transformation to digital remote outcome-based models
- Three ways to embrace the freelance economy and how to leverage the human cloud
- His view that we need to move away from the resume model of success
- The Amplification Effect that he wants to highlight in light of the effects of the pandemic to freelancing
- Why we’re seeing a race to the bottom and what he sees as the solution to it
- The Venture L business model that integrates, automates, and projects what freelancers should be doing
- Why he says freelancers don’t need Venture L but their lives are going to get better with it
- His career trajectory from Microsoft to building his personal brand
- How he dealt with the big challenge of being deemed “too young” by a bureaucratic work environment
- Where he finds inspiration and what his ultimate “Why” is
- His personal mantra hinged on leaving the world a better place through the work he does and the reason he built a scholarship program in his hometown
Mentioned in this episode:
My Brand Design Masters Guild: https://www.branddesignmasters.com/
For more of Matthew’s work, head on over to his channels:
Newburyport Scholarship Grant: https://www.humancloudbook.com/newburyport
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode of the podcast, head on over to the following links for more of my work and some valuable resources to get you started on your own branding initiatives. Until the next episode!
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
JOIN THE BRAND•MUSE NEWSLETTER:
JOIN THE BRAND DESIGN MASTERS FACEBOOK GROUP:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST:
LIKE MY AGENCY ON FACEBOOK:
Bring Your Own Laptop - Adobe Training with Daniel Scott
Discount Code: “PHILIP50”
The Brand Design Masters Podcast is targeted to entrepreneurs, designers, creative professionals and anyone interested in brand strategy, business planning, graphic design, personal branding, trends and marketing.
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.