Jacob Cass - The Power of Content Marketing in the Creative Economy
Because we find ourselves in a creative economy, there has never been a better time to become a designer or creative professional.
In this episode, I talk with Jacob Cass, principal of award-winning branding agency Just Creative which boasts an impressive list of clients including Disney, Nike, Redbull, OMEGA, and Nintendo.
Jacob hosts a podcast called the Just Branding Podcast and runs an industry-leading blog called Just Creative Blog. He also runs the Inner Triangle Group Coaching Mastermind where he coaches and mentors other creative professionals and helps them fuel their growth and creative mind.
The recently named “#1 Branding Coach to Follow” by Yahoo! Finance talks in greater detail about the following:
- Why he believes there has never been a better time than now to be a designer
- The biggest challenges that creative professionals are experiencing now
- Seeking the growing number of communities that provide support for creative professionals and avoiding fake gurus that mislead and stunt creative growth
- His different coaching program setups and how each caters to a specific phase of a creative professional’s journey
- How he uses the power of asking the right questions to empower his mentees to find their way through their own growth with little guidance from him
- His career trajectory and how he decided to add the layer of personal branding and content development to his business
- The evolution of his blog from being a site that he wrote for exclusively to a passive income-generating platform that leverages affiliate marketing
- How committing to a 4-hour work day when he traveled the world taught him to form habits that allow him to balance his agency work with his influencer and coaching hustle
- How he uses inbound marketing to promote his services and the biggest selling point of his business
- Where and from whom he’s taken influence to build his agency and personal brand
- What he thinks people should watch out for in the design space
- His personal manifesto that he first read as a kid on a magnet stuck to his fridge
For more of Jacob’s work, head on over to his channels:
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode of the podcast, head on over to the following links for more of my work and some valuable resources to get you started on your own branding initiatives. Until the next episode!
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
JOIN THE BRAND•MUSE NEWSLETTER:
JOIN THE BRAND DESIGN MASTERS FACEBOOK GROUP:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST:
LIKE MY AGENCY ON FACEBOOK:
Bring Your Own Laptop - Adobe Training with Daniel Scott
Discount Code: “PHILIP50”
The Brand Design Masters Podcast is targeted to entrepreneurs, designers, creative professionals and anyone interested in brand strategy, business planning, graphic design, personal branding, trends and marketing.
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.