Do you believe that destiny takes us on certain paths we’re meant for?
In this episode, I speak with Ian Paget who found his career path after a Moped accident. Ian recounts how he somewhat fell into the industry as a Graphic Designer turned Creative Director and now internationally known as the award-winning designer behind Logo Geek — a top-tier logo design service based in Manchester, UK.
We talk about:
- His career path and how his love for art as a kid eventually led him to his stellar design career
- The Moped accident that got him out of the first job he knew wasn’t for him and into the company that he’s grown with for 10 years where he currently sits as Creative Director
- Overcoming the learning curve from print-based work to web design when he moved on to agency work
- His genuine passion for learning
- The humble beginnings of Logo Geek as a simple means for him to learn logo design
- How taking on a side hustle originally intended for extra pocket money turned into a very successful creative entrepreneurship
- How he used his knowledge of SEO to build organic growth that landed him top rankings on Google searches
- How he builds passive income from affiliate marketing and sponsorships
- What he did to build an email list of 12,000 subscribers and his advice for others who want to do the same
- His personal mantra
Ian is a logo designer, blogger, podcaster, twitter personality, and moderator of a thriving Facebook community. His agency work as Creative Director has landed him the role of lead designer on projects for companies including Barclaycard, Yakult, and GlaxoSmithKline.
For more of Ian’s work, head on over to his channels:
Logo Geek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/logogeek/
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode of the podcast, head on over to the following links for more of my work and some valuable resources to get you started on your own branding initiatives. Until the next episode!
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
JOIN THE BRAND•MUSE NEWSLETTER:
JOIN THE BRAND DESIGN MASTERS FACEBOOK GROUP:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST:
LIKE MY AGENCY ON FACEBOOK:
Bring Your Own Laptop - Adobe Training with Daniel Scott
The Brand Design Masters Podcast is targeted to entrepreneurs, designers, creative professionals and anyone interested in brand strategy, business planning, graphic design, personal branding, trends and marketing.
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.