Chris Ducker Interview at Social Media Marketing World 2020
In this episode, I welcome back my good friend and serial entrepreneur extraordinaire Chris Ducker. Now based in Cambridge, England, Chris is the Founder and Virtual CEO of the mastermind community Youpreneur - one of the leading personal brand business education companies in the world.
- How accepting the reality that “you don’t know what you don’t know” actually fuels growth as an entrepreneur
- How being schooled in a meeting paved the way to this realization
- The importance of being self-aware
- What sets really successful entrepreneurs from those who don’t do that well
- The importance of productivity and delegation
- How to buy more time
- What causes entrepreneurs to burn out
- Why entrepreneurs never want to admit they’re wrong
- The mindset shift that allows personal brands to achieve their goals by investing in specialists
- Learning new things at 46
- His complicated history with YouTube and his plans of leveraging it more
- Hiring YouTube and video specialists to work with him and teaming up with companies that promote growth on the platform
- The importance of speaking the language of the platform you’re on without going off-brand
- His opinion on what the next marketing and branding trends will be
- Why staying true to yourself and finding the right balance of what to share will attract the right audience
- Why he believes that entrepreneurs should appreciate their own work
Chris Ducker hosts the annual Youpreneur Summit, which is held in London, U.K. each November. He is also the self-proclaimed ‘Proudest Brit’ doing business online!
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.