Daniel Scott, Adobe Training Expert - Building Your Personal Brand and the Future of Design Careers
In this episode, I speak with a fellow creative entrepreneur who shares my passion for teaching and training.
Daniel Scott is a digital designer, certified Adobe instructor, and a regular speaker at the annual Adobe MAX Conference. A self-proclaimed software nerd, Dan built Bring Your Own Laptop, an online video training platform that houses an impressive library of Adobe tutorials that cater to all stages of learning and equip its students with real world applications of Adobe softwares.
The winner of multiple Adobe teaching awards talks in greater detail about the following:
- His career journey and how he actually shifted from studying finance in University to design
- The early years of juggling design freelancing work with training and teaching night classes
- How his love for training brought him from teaching night classes at University, to setting up a physical classroom, and then the eventual dive into a fully online setup
- The range of formats of his courses and how it caters to different skill levels and needs
- How he does his own marketing and why distributions plays a key role in it
- Seeing the potential of taking on side hustles
- The importance of building a library of evergreen content
- His advice on how to bulletproof your business
- How he handles finding new opportunities when he hits the ceiling of a current venture
- Understanding the customer journey and architecting your solution around solving that
- A simple work philosophy that allows him to charge 5 times more
- His personal mantra where he uses a visualization of waves on the beach
To learn more about Dan’s work and his courses, head on over to his channels:
For Instructors: https://www.instructorhq.com/
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode of the podcast, head on over to the following links for more of my work and some valuable resources to get you started on your own branding initiatives. Until the next episode!
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
JOIN THE BRAND•MUSE NEWSLETTER:
JOIN THE BRAND DESIGN MASTERS FACEBOOK GROUP:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST:
LIKE MY AGENCY ON FACEBOOK:
Bring Your Own Laptop - Adobe Training with Daniel Scott
The Brand Design Masters Podcast is targeted to entrepreneurs, designers, creative professionals and anyone interested in brand strategy, business planning, graphic design, personal branding, trends and marketing.
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.