Nicole Osborne Interview at Social Media Marketing World 2020
In this episode, I sit down with Nicole Osborne, Founder of social media coaching and marketing consultancy company Lollipop Social.
Nicole helps entrepreneurs, influencers, and business owners improve their marketing results through coaching programs that highlight stellar personal branding and engaging content marketing.
She talks about her career transition from holding a senior level position in corporate to building her own marketing business and how she juggles developing her personal brand and doing client work.
We talk about:
- What brought on her shift from corporate to personal branding
- The differences between being part of a corporate marketing team and being on your own
- How she handled impostor syndrome and the challenges that came with doing everything on her own as a solopreneur
- How she leveraged her corporate experience to find her niche and succeed in it
- The beginnings of Lollipop Social and how inspiration for its name came from a random airport experience with her son
- The first thing she did to scale her business that made all the difference
- How a major setback in her business opened doors to bigger opportunities
- Allowing audiences a glimpse of how you work through videos so they feel like they know you and are more enticed to work with you
- Her Chocolate Cake Model that allows her to remain authentic to her audience while drawing the line with oversharing
- Why she believes in the power of showing up, knowing your audience, and knowing your “why”
Nicole’s marketing career started at the Financial Times over 20 years ago. Today, she is a Chartered Marketer who develops sweet success from superb marketing strategies through Lollipop Social, a sought-after Social Media Coach, and Events Speaker.
To connect with Nicole, head on over to her channels:
Lollipop Social IG: @lollipop_social
Lollipop Social Twitter: @lollipop_social
Lollipop Social Website: www.lollipopsocial.co.uk
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode of the podcast, head on over to the following links for more of my work and some valuable resources to get you started on your own branding initiatives. Until the next episode!
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
JOIN THE BRAND•MUSE NEWSLETTER:
JOIN THE BRAND DESIGN MASTERS FACEBOOK GROUP:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST:
LIKE MY AGENCY ON FACEBOOK:
Bring Your Own Laptop - Adobe Training with Daniel Scott
The Brand Design Masters Podcast is targeted to entrepreneurs, designers, creative professionals and anyone interested in brand strategy, business planning, graphic design, personal branding, trends and marketing.
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.